Level 2 - Local Sports Reaction
Sports have been impacted with the level 2 announcement that kicked in at noon today. We take a look at some of those quick to react to the news.
Basketball: The West Coast Basketball association has cancelled Wednesday night basketball. There is a decision pending on Friday nights games.
Netball: Netball activity postponed , including trainings and competitions on Wednesday 12th August, Thursday 13th August and Friday 14th August. Any advice to further postponements going forward will be advised on Friday by 1pm.
Hockey: As of this morning this weeks games WILL go ahead. The message to those playing is as follows.
- Sanitise your hands
- Sign in or use QR code
- Leave quickly after your game
- Bring own drink bottle
- Where possible maintain social distancing
If sick 🤒 STAY HOME
Rugby League: NZRL is in close dialogue with Government and will provide further information tomorrow on what Auckland’s move to Alert Level 3 and the remainder of New Zealand's move to Alert Level 2 will mean for our rugby league communities.
Rugby: New Zealand Rugby is currently assessing the impact on rugby following the Government announcement that Auckland will tomorrow move to Alert Level 3 and the rest of New Zealand to Alert Level 2. NZR is in close and constant dialogue with Government and a further update will be given tomorrow.
Golf: Hokitika Golf Club has put out a General Golf Operations Guidance:
1. All players should wash and dry their hands before and after play.
2. Golfers should maintain a minimum distance of 2 metres between themselves and other groups on the course.
3. As the national handicap system will still be operational, we will be using scorecards. We will reinstate the Local Rule that prohibits the exchanging of cards .
4. Flagsticks will be on the course however they should be left in the hole and should not be touched or removed by any player.
For the immediate future, we will again use the Local Rule from NZ Golf that allows “Gimmees” when the ball is within 30cm of the hole, and the card still able to be used in the Competition and for Handicapping, to restrict repetitive contact with the flagstick.
5. Bunker rakes will not be on the course and a local rule provided by New Zealand Golf for bunker play is back in effect, giving relief (still in the bunker) from disturbed ground.
6. Match of the Day sheets will be Contact Trace record, for other play, please complete the Contact Sheet at the Clubhouse.
Westland Rec Centre: Covid-19 Alert Level 2 guidelines from 12pm today.
Gym and Group Fitness Classes:
- Contact tracing form must be completed upon entering the building. We advice that you use the contact tracing app for your own records.
- All Group Fitness Classes require booking due to limited spaces.
- There will be no showers available.
- No Casual Stadium users.
- Please clean all equipment after use.
- Supervised Play Area will be closed for the remainder of this week.
- 1m distancing to be maintained at all times, for poolside and in the water.
- Hydro slides and water features will be turned off.
- Sauna will be closed, however Spa Pool will remain open following physical distancing.
- No showers.
We ask that you please use the appropriate doors to enter and exit the building.
Thank you for your cooperation.