• McBride Vision

Let us into the mines.

Mayor Gibson is calling for the government to listen.

Mayor Gibson talks via fb.


Grey District Mayor Tania Gibson addressed the public today calling out the government to take note. The West Coast has a proud history of mining. It's a high paying industry that has propped up the economy for decades, both locally and nationally.


Gibson stated the mines could help the Coast trade it's way out of the Covid-19 situation.

"We need more access to Stewardship land, so we need to lobby the government." Gibson said.

Buller opencast mine. PHOTO: Patrick McBride


Much of the region is locked up with Conservation land making up around 84 percent of the West Coast leaving only 16 percent of private land available for economic development.




1541642579733_Regent-Theatre-Logo-withou

© 2020 MCBRIDEVISION

  • Instagram
  • Twitter

SUBMIT CONTENT - editor@mcbridevision.net