• McBride Vision

Greymouth House Gutted by Fire

Fire trucks from all over the district attended a house fire last night in an attempt to contain a blaze that has left a family without a home.

Jason and Lucinda Wade had been renting the recently purchased property located on High Street in Greymouth. It is believed the fire started in the kitchen. The pair along with their two children had moved to the area from Christchuch.


This morning Grey Main School said as a kura they would like to support this whanau.


"Please send any size 12-14 boys uniform or size 6-8 girls uniform if you have any you are willing to donate. We are also asking for donations of money so we can give the family food and Warehouse vouchers."


Wade's sister has also reached out for assistance after the family tragically lost everything. In a post on local facebook page Buy Sell Trade she said the lot is gone.


"Clothes, household items, furniture, photos, memories, EVERYTHING."


Investigators remain at the scene.



1541642579733_Regent-Theatre-Logo-withou

© 2020 MCBRIDEVISION

  • Instagram
  • Twitter

SUBMIT CONTENT - editor@mcbridevision.net