Community groups share 20k
Grey Council has announced that nine community groups have been awarded funding from the inaugural Grey District Council Contestable Grant Fund.
The aim of the Contestable Grant Fund is to set aside $20,000 of funding for community groups to apply to annually during the months of July and August.
Applications are then reviewed and selected by Council with the aim being that the projects and groups align with Council’s Vision of being a Thriving, Connected & Resilient Grey District.
Council was overwhelmed with the response of applications received from the community, however, were unable to support all of the groups that applied.
Council believes that the projects that have received funding will help towards Council’s vision for the district.
The groups and projects that were awarded funding for 2020 round were:
· Greymouth Anglican Church - The Shed $500
· Cobden Aromahana Sanctuary and Recreation Areas Inc – Enhance attractiveness at the Cobden Lagoon Area $2,000
· Grey District Youth Trust – Supporting Youth Led Initiatives $2,500
· Runanga School – Community Garden Project $2,000
· C.A.R.E - Community Alternative Resources for the Elderly – Transport and Co-ordination for activities for the elderly $1,500
· MS West Coast – In-home support for sufferers of neurological conditions $2,500
· Greymouth Skatepark Trust – Further re-development of the skatepark $5,000
· Arnott Heights Community Group – Renewal of community playground $3,500
· Moana Heritage Trust – Lawnmowing and repairs to the Moana Church $500